I’ve written about color marketing theory and how color affects brands and purchase decisions before on the Corporate Eye blog. It’s a topic that I find fascinating. This week, I stumbled across a great infographic created by KissMetrics last year that puts color marketing theory into perspective based on real world statistics. Everyone loves infographics, so I thought I’d share it with the Corporate Eye audience.
You can click on the image below to view the full-size infographic. Some highlights include:
- 85% of surveyed consumers state that color is the primary influencer of purchase decisions.
- Color increases brand recognition by 80%.
- Impulse shoppers are most influenced by black, royal blue, and red orange.
- Budget shoppers are most influenced by navy blue and teal.
- Traditional shoppers are most influenced by pink, sky blue and rose.
I also found the following points to be particularly interesting:
- 64% of online shoppers have decided not to make a purchase because a website loaded too slowly.
- Amazon.com reports that for every 100MS additional load time of a web page, there is a 1% decrease in sales.
- 42% of online shoppers base their opinion of websites on design alone.
These statistics support the concept that website usability and design must work together cohesively in order to build your brand, business, and revenues. Color and design have significant impacts on consumers’ shopping and purchase decisions. Don’t overlook their importance!
Stay tuned to the Corporate Eye blog — I found another cool color marketing related infographic that I’ll be talking about later this week! In the meantime, what do you think about the statistics in the above infographic? Leave a comment and share your thoughts.
Latest posts by Susan Gunelius (see all)
- Black Friday and Cyber Monday Brand Marketing Must Shift with Consumer Behaviors - November 11, 2014
- Nearly 9 out of 10 of the Top 100 Global Brands are on Instagram - November 6, 2014
- IAB Takes Another Step Toward Standardizing Selling and Buying of Premium Online Ad Inventory - November 4, 2014
- Agile Executives Drive 25% Higher Profit Margins – Is Your CMO Agile? - October 31, 2014
- Email Marketing Open Rates are on the Rise - October 29, 2014