What brand marketing tactics were hot in 2012 and which were not? Which brands were doing cool things in 2012 and what trends changed the way brands are marketed?
These questions and more have been answered over the past 12 months here on Corporate Eye, and now, it’s time to recap some of the most interesting brand marketing stories of 2012.
Follow the links below to read about brand marketing stories that got people looking, listening, sharing, and talking in 2012.
Hot Brand Marketing Stories of 2012
- Cross-Platform Hot Topics for Brand Marketing Executives
- Brands Take Notice: American Moms Are Active and Influential Online
- The Evolution of Influence in 16 Minutes
- Store Brands Continue to Gain Popularity While Names Brands Lost Customers
- How Brands are Connecting Outdoor Advertising to Facebook
- Data: The Missed Marketing Opportunity
- Moving Beyond Data Paralysis in Marketing
- Fewer than Half of Companies Are Prepared for a Social Media Threat
- Twitter Advertisers Can Now Target Based on Location and Interests
- Consumers Cannot Identify Olympics Brand Sponsors
- 10 Brands that Will Die in 2013 – Does Anyone Care?
Brands Doing Interesting Things in 2012
- The Real Reason Red Bull Stratos Was So Successful
- Skechers Launches Creative Rewards Program with a Crowdsourcing Twist
- Huffington Post to Manage Content Sites for Brands
- Coca-Cola Takes Content Marketing to a New Level with the Content 2020 Project
- BP to Launch Ads to Boost Positive Brand Sentiment
Brand Identity Work in 2012
- Kraft Launches a New Logo that Looks Like the Old Logo
- 2016 Rio Olympics Logo – An Improvement over London 2012
- Rebranding for ITV Brings a New Logo Design
- SketchUp Shows How to Rebrand after Google
- New Logo and Colors for Air New Zealand
Brand Marketing Infographics
- 94% of Consumers Think Businesses Should Give Back
- 4 Ways Brands Can Use Big Data to Optimize Marketing Results
- 1 out of 2 Consumers Think Brand Facebook Pages Are More Useful Than Websites
- What the Media Wants from Brands
- What’s Next for Branded Apps?
- What Consumers Want vs. What Executives Think Consumers Want
- PPC Accounts for Only 6% of U.K. Search Clicks
- How Well Do Consumers Know the Olympics Brand?
- Brands Sponsor Athletes from Great Britain at 2012 Olympics
- Nestle Responds to Child Labor Violations
- The Big 3 of Luxury Brands
- Facebook Helps Brands Drive Growth in Emerging Markets
- Viral Spread of Ads 2006-2011
What do you think were the most interesting brand marketing stories of 2012?
Image: Felipe Wiecheteck