The biggest U.S. football game of the year, the Super Bowl, was played on Feburary 6, 2011, and this year, it broke all records to become the most watched television show of all time. As always, the commercials that aired during the Super Bowl were highly anticipated and buzzed about during and after the broadcast.
Making a statement for the 21st century, Volkswagen debuted new commercials that added a new sense of creativity to a brand that had lost some of its style in recent years. You can watch both commercials below to see how a brand that had grown a bit stale is trying to re-energize itself.
The first ad features the classic Star Wars music and Darth Vader character through the eyes of a child trying to harness the power of the force.
The second showcases a CGI beetle, representative of the new Volkswagen Beetle.
Volkswagen has been taking a number of positive steps in recent years to drive sales to new heights. The new advertising creative seems to be a great complement to that effort. If nothing else, it has certainly piqued some Super Bowl viewers’ interest in what the new Volkswagen Beetle will look like.
What do you think? Will the new Volkswagen advertising push attract a new generation of customers to the Volkswagen brand?
Latest posts by Susan Gunelius (see all)
- Coca-Cola Contour Bottle Turns 100 This Year - March 3, 2015
- World’s 50 Most Popular Brands - February 25, 2015
- Brands with the Most Loyal Customers in 2015 - February 18, 2015
- The World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2015 - February 14, 2015
- UK Consumers Will Share Private Data with Brands Under Certain Conditions - February 4, 2015