Based in Japan, Toray Group is an integrated chemical company. The company has 37,924 employees and 1,471.6 billion yen (2009/03) in sales. First let’s go to About Us
Note the use of image visuals. This gives a personality to the website. You get a feeling that there are people are behind this site. Profiling the message from the CEO also is an effective technique. Also deciding to put “Our People” is telling, hmm what’s that phrase “people are our most important asset”.
Navigate to Corporate Governance. There is a comprehensive description but not overly wordy explanation of the company’s Governance process supplemented by a visual diagram —
The visual is a good supplement to the text and enhances communicating Toray’s Governance process.
Now let’s view what is an excellent use of a video, Toray at a Glance, to explain the company’s businesses, performance, strategies and at the end links to more information.
This is one of the most effective website communication techniques I have seen.
Lesson Learned — enhance your website communications by thoughtful use of visuals.
Latest posts by Ed Konczal (see all)
- Enterprise Mobility And Innovation Governance - June 1, 2015
- Benefits of Reverse Mentoring - March 13, 2015
- Innovation Governance and Reverse Mentoring - November 5, 2014
- Innovation Governance Requires Technology Smarts - September 6, 2013
- Tone At The Top Drives Innovation Governance - April 26, 2013