I’ve noticed a trend in corporate websites–use an engaging homepage to attract visitors.
Items of note–
- The use of a large image at the top of the page to balance text
- Current news items are displayed
- Links to major reports
- Links to key information on share price
Other items in this format is to have highlights to corporate initiatives and job postings.
I find this format to be effective since it presents comprehensive information in an eye-appealing format.
Having a compelling homepage does not result in StatoilHydro skimping on its About Us section. Instead they offer a feature-rich and appealing section–
The company offers multimedia descriptions –
- StatoilHydro worldwide offers a comprehensive overview of where it operates
- Above and Below is an innovative review of the company’s history
- Our operations covers business off the coast of Norway
A very effective use of multimedia to inform stakeholders.
As you drill down through Corporate Governance you see the design replicated. For example click on Corporate Governance–
Some features include–
- A decent display of Executive Backgrounds
- An Organization Chart that shows relationships
- Ethics statement (HTML option would be better)
StatoilHydro grabs you on their homepage and then offers you well organized and imaginative content.
Latest posts by Ed Konczal (see all)
- Innovation Governance Requires Technology Smarts - September 6, 2013
- Tone At The Top Drives Innovation Governance - April 26, 2013
- What is Innovation Governance? - April 4, 2013
- Governance Lags Innovation - March 8, 2013
- Innovation and Corporate Governance: Risks and Opportunities - January 16, 2013