Anyone working within the financial services sector – or, indeed, anyone who reads a paper or watches the news – will be aware of the difficulties that this sector has faced over the last year or so.
How can companies within that sector rebuild their reputation and rebuild the trust that was once placed in them? What can companies from outside that sector learn from those companies who have gone through this experience?
Communicate Magazine have another very interesting conference scheduled for later this month on just this topic. They’re bringing together an intriguing slate of speakers from across the sector: from the International Centre for Financial Regulation; from Barclays, Goldman Sachs, Deutsche Bank, Santander, ING, HSBC and Man Group; and from The Observer, BroadView and FinancialMarketing.
You can see the agenda and download a PDF here, but I can tell you that they’ll be covering topics such as:
- Is the relationship between the fourth estate and the banking community irretrievably broken?
- Were journalists just reporting a financial meltdown or were they exacerbating it?
- How to communicate change to an internal audience
- How to reposition your brand when people just want to talk about the past
- Getting the best out of your corporate messaging
As you can see, it’s not just relevant to the financial sector, though that will be the main focus; it looks as though corporate communicators from across the patch will find something to learn from the day.
I went to a recent Communicate Magazine conference (on Social Media in a Corporate Context) and found it fascinating – though exhausting. There’s a lot to be gained from being in the same room as people dealing with the same issues as you are, thinking about the same things…
Interested? You can learn more here.
And a discount for Corporate Eye readers
I’m delighted to announce that we’ve agreed with Communicate Magazine that Corporate Eye readers will receive a total of 20% discount. The early bird discount of 10% runs out at the end of this week, but as one of our readers, you get 20% – even after that date. Book now!
Latest posts by Lucy Nixon (see all)
- How to Optimise Video Content for Social Media Platforms - November 15, 2017
- Communicating Your Brand to Your Customers - August 22, 2017
- Emotional Energy and the Corporate Website - June 19, 2017
- The Surprising Importance of Local SEO for Global Companies - June 13, 2017
- Why Board portals are essential in 2017 - March 7, 2017