If appropriate, companies should have an insider trading policy, and this should be clearly communicated to everyone concerned. Then everybody knows what is expected.
Stora Enso provide their policy online, but also go one step further by listing those individuals who qualify as insiders – and to whom, therefore, the policy applies. I have also seen the ‘closed periods’ listed, during which these people may not trade in the company securities, but it isn’t there at the moment. Perhaps this information is only provided around those periods.
Latest posts by Lucy Nixon (see all)
- Messaging and Seaside Rock - October 25, 2016
- Attention, Personalisation and the Holodeck - October 16, 2016
- The Combination Approach: Using Multiple Recruitment Strategies - June 30, 2016
- B2B Social Media: do’s and don’ts - April 21, 2016
- Promoting CSR & Employee Volunteer Programs - April 14, 2016