If appropriate, companies should have an insider trading policy, and this should be clearly communicated to everyone concerned. Then everybody knows what is expected.
Stora Enso provide their policy online, but also go one step further by listing those individuals who qualify as insiders – and to whom, therefore, the policy applies. I have also seen the ‘closed periods’ listed, during which these people may not trade in the company securities, but it isn’t there at the moment. Perhaps this information is only provided around those periods.
Latest posts by Lucy Nixon (see all)
- How to Optimise Video Content for Social Media Platforms - November 15, 2017
- Communicating Your Brand to Your Customers - August 22, 2017
- Emotional Energy and the Corporate Website - June 19, 2017
- The Surprising Importance of Local SEO for Global Companies - June 13, 2017
- Why Board portals are essential in 2017 - March 7, 2017