As we reach the end of my first year in the “Careers Corner” at Corporate Eye, it’s a great opportunity to look back over all the topics that have been covered in the column. We’ve analyzed best practices, explored fundamental issues and emerging trends, cataloged some hits and misses, asked serious questions—and had a little fun. Not a bad way to spend twelve months!
Year-end lists always seem to be the “Ten Best.” (Or “Ten Worst,” but I’m not going there.) So that was my goal. But it turns out to be quite a challenge. Just ten? So I’ve cheated a bit, and chosen all the series from 2009. Which actually makes sense, since the topics that merited multiple posts were among the most important.
So here they are, in no particular order:
1. Employer Brand
2. Diversity on the Corporate Website
3. Some Really Good Advice
4. Surfing the Boards
5. A Macy’s Mystery
6. Talent Acquisition 2009
7. Tick Tock: Recruiting Hourly Workers
8. Social Media Roundup
Okay, that’s eight. Which leaves just two more. But—why not make it a dozen? And since no one’s stopping me, I’m going with the four I most enjoyed writing!
9. Funny Business (because it has Jack in it)
10. Exciting Sites (because it’s beautiful)
11. Get the Popcorn (because it’s always fun to think about movies)
12. Silver Linings (because it touched me)
Once I started, this review process got really interesting—so I’m going to follow up with a list of the posts I think were most significant. In the meantime . . . here’s looking forward to 2010!
(Many thanks to James Cridland for the marvelous numbers. They come from different places in the London Transport System—visit the original Flickr page for this image and you can mouse over the numbers to see where each one came from!)
Latest posts by Cynthia Giles (see all)
- A Nice Place to Work . . . - January 27, 2011
- Economies of Scale: Small Business Resources for Big Business Ideas - November 8, 2010
- The Global Gender Gap Report - November 3, 2010
- Alphabetical Order: More about the Candidate Experience - October 14, 2010
- The (In)Famous Candidate Experience - October 5, 2010