Does your brand have a mobile strategy? Is your brand’s mobile strategy a top priority for your company? It should be.
Predictions say that mobile content consumption is expected to surpass online content consumption as more people purchase smartphone and tablet devices. With price points coming down on popular mobile devices, this prediction is poised to come true sooner rather than later.
At a recent ELEVATE conference panel session moderated by Will Richmond of VideoNuze, Major League Baseball Advanced Media’s executive vice president, Noah Garden, offered some statistics about branded mobile content consumption and demand that might surprise you.
- Garden stated that Major League Baseball’s page views from mobile devices will exceed page views from online within the next 12-18 months.
- For Major League Baseball, Garden revealed that mobile is a significant growth driver, increasing from just 8% of use in 2008 to 37% in 2010.
- Major League Baseball expects to sell 2 million subscriptions to its MLB.tv and mobile services in 2011 — a 33% increase over the 1.5 million subscriptions sold in 2010.
- With the increased demand for mobile content, Major League Baseball responded by offering 100 million streams of games in 2011, which is up 47% from 2010.
If a mobile branding strategy wasn’t a top priority for your company before you read the above statistics, I hope it is now. Your customers are using mobile devices more every day, and the growth rate is staggering. Your brand needs to be there, and you need to be offering the types of branded experiences and content in the mobile environment that your target audience wants and needs.
At the very least, you should be researching what those wants and needs are and evaluating what your competition is doing in the mobile space to develop your own mobile branding strategy. If you aren’t already doing that, you already need to catch up. Do it now before you fall so far behind that your brand becomes irrelevant.
Latest posts by Susan Gunelius (see all)
- Coca-Cola Contour Bottle Turns 100 This Year - March 3, 2015
- World’s 50 Most Popular Brands - February 25, 2015
- Brands with the Most Loyal Customers in 2015 - February 18, 2015
- The World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2015 - February 14, 2015
- UK Consumers Will Share Private Data with Brands Under Certain Conditions - February 4, 2015