Some companies have embraced the Internet for communicating their Corporate Governance practices. A benchmark company is Japan based Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Group (MSIG). For example when you navigate to their Corporate Information page you view what just might be the most complete display of navigation to corporate information.
This reminds me of United Technologies ad slogan “You can see everything from here”. This provides visitors and stakeholders to easily navigate to information they need. In addition, note the inclusion of links to Corporate Responsibility and Investor Relations. MSIG understands how effective use of the Internet adds to stakeholder communications and is an important component of Transparency.
When you navigate to Corporate Governance and click on Basic Policies on Corporate Governance there is a clear description including a useful graphic that enhances communication of the company’s practices.
Next go to Medium-term Management Plan. The company clearly describes their strategy and shows high level goal projections.
This information is useful to existing and prospective investors since the company shows what it wants to achieve regarding financial results.
Finally, navigate to Charter on Professional Conduct.
We, at the Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Group, aspire to be a company that enjoys the trust of all members of society and inspires pride among its employees.
To this end, acting in the best interests of the insurance and financial services community, we:
- Accept, as life’s mission, the provision of superior solutions to social concerns and risks
- Place top priority on fair, impartial, and ethical conduct; and
- Constantly work to ensure adequate transparency through internal and external communication and extensive disclosure of information.
We, Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Group, as the corporation’s social responsibility, pledge to fulfill the 7 Responsibilities below.
Visit this site to view other features and examples of how to use the Internet as a disclosure and communication medium. Well done Mitsui.
Latest posts by Ed Konczal (see all)
- Enterprise Mobility And Innovation Governance - June 1, 2015
- Benefits of Reverse Mentoring - March 13, 2015
- Innovation Governance and Reverse Mentoring - November 5, 2014
- Innovation Governance Requires Technology Smarts - September 6, 2013
- Tone At The Top Drives Innovation Governance - April 26, 2013