HSBC now offers video and transcript options in their news articles, providing an excellent example of innovative user-centered website practice. For an example, view the news article Renmimbi Masterclass or Sharp Improvement for China. This strategic multimedia approach is effective for several reasons.
- Branding: HSBC uses the same music throughout each video, which adds a branding element to each news article.
- Easy Access: Note that the Renminbi news release is clearly highlighted on site home page where it can pique visitor interest and provide easy access to the news article.
- Social Media: The share icon at the top of the page makes each news article easy to share.
The combination of video and transcript options places news releases in multimedia form, making them much more interesting. This format increases audience connection thus increasing the likelihood that they will be shared.
Latest posts by Erica Harrison (see all)
- Do You See What I See? Reducing Online Tunnel Vision - July 16, 2013
- Capturing the Reader by Appealing to their Primitive Mind - July 9, 2013
- Don’t Rock The Boat: Connecting With Your Audience & The Status Quo Bias - April 29, 2013
- Eliminating The Hassle Of Online Purchasing - April 22, 2013
- 5 Proven Ways Content Can Connect With An Online Audience - April 16, 2013