Some people love landing pages and some people do not. Few people have no opinion about landing pages.
Research has shown that well-crafted landing pages can increase conversion rates. Why aren’t more brands using them? Is it just the ongoing perception that consumers don’t like landing pages that’s keeping brands from creating them? And what about the brands that do create landing pages? Are they as good as they can be? Probably not.
Ion Interactive and TechValidate conducted research to identify the barriers to landing page optimization as reported by marketers from Ion Interactive’s customer base. Highlights from the research findings are shown in the infographic below and include barriers to optimization such as:
- Too much time and effort = 67%
- IT and code-heavy practices = 57%
- Little or no testing due to internal infrastructure = 46%
- No actionable insights from testing = 35%
- Inability to segment, personalize, or target = 33%
- Inability to efficiently optimize for mobile = 26%
- Inability to create interactive content = 26%
You can see the complete infographic below.
Surprisingly (or perhaps not surprisingly), many of the barriers to landing page optimization cited by marketers in this study are all internal problems.
Certainly, breaking down these barriers should be a strategic imperative for marketing executives who need to improve and quantify marketing program results. Unfortunately, this priority is too often overlooked. It takes guts to speak out against the obstacles created by internal struggles, hierarchies, decentralization, and “we’ve always done things this way” mentalities.
The marketing executives who succeed in doing so truly are the best leaders, but the reality is they’re not always seen in that light. It’s a corporate mindset that needs to change from the top down in order to improve not just marketing performance but overall company performance.
Do you agree or disagree? Should landing page optimization and removing internal obstacles to improve marketing efforts be prioritized in 2013? Leave a comment and share your thoughts.
Image: Svilen Milev
Latest posts by Susan Gunelius (see all)
- Coca-Cola Contour Bottle Turns 100 This Year - March 3, 2015
- World’s 50 Most Popular Brands - February 25, 2015
- Brands with the Most Loyal Customers in 2015 - February 18, 2015
- The World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2015 - February 14, 2015
- UK Consumers Will Share Private Data with Brands Under Certain Conditions - February 4, 2015