I found a great article on Trendhunter today that lists 40 Facebook innovations. Interestingly, many of the innovations are brand promotions from companies such as Coca-Cola, Adidas, Mazda and more. It just goes to show that the social web should be an integral part of your marketing plan if you want to stay ahead of the curve.
A few brand-related Facebook innovations jumped out as particularly inspiring for future social media marketing campaign planning:
- CokeTag: Coca-Cola launched the CokeTag on Facebook that people can use to promote themselves.
- Mazda Design Challenge: Facebook users were invited to design a new concept car for Mazda.
- Adidas Celebrate Originality brand campaign: This campaign was supported by YouTube and Facebook videos and content.
- Mars Snackfood: Using the Facebook Celebrate application, people can give each other virtual gifts like candy bars. If they give a Mars candy bar, the recipient gets a virtual gift and a coupon for the real thing.
- Clinique, Harley Davidson and more use free gifts as ads: When a user sends a virtual gift of a product with your brand name on it, your brand gets a nice bit of advertising!
- PETA2: Peta launched a special Facebook group for youth activists.
The possibilities for brands to leverage the social web, including social networking sites such as Facebook, are incredible. Is your brand on board yet? Don’t get left behind!
Latest posts by Susan Gunelius (see all)
- Coca-Cola Contour Bottle Turns 100 This Year - March 3, 2015
- World’s 50 Most Popular Brands - February 25, 2015
- Brands with the Most Loyal Customers in 2015 - February 18, 2015
- The World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2015 - February 14, 2015
- UK Consumers Will Share Private Data with Brands Under Certain Conditions - February 4, 2015