Glanbia is an Ireland based diversified food company. Their website could be a model for good business and financial reporting. The Homepage is a gem–
- Letter and picture for the Managing Director
- Good display of the business and performance
- Links to more information about the company
Well designed, organized and eye appeal with sacrificing content.
Next, go to the Strategy section where there is a graphic and narrative description and targets that are boldly displayed–
How’s that for Transparency!
Hurray, the Annual Report is online —
Navigation is provided and you get a menu of services such as–
- Create a PDF of the page
- Send the company feedback
- Put page in a print basket
Very nice indeed. Another notable feature of this site are short narratives from employees–
This feature sends a message that the company values its people and gives a sense of humanizing an otherwise static medium.
Finally the company discusses Integrity–
- The Board applies integrity, principles of good governance and accountability throughout its activities and each Director brings independence of character and judgement to the role. All of the members of the Board are individually and collectively aware of their responsibilities to the Company’s stakeholders. (2008 Annual Report), (Governance Report)
- We encourage all our people to ‘Make a Difference’ through:
- The Directors are responsible for the maintenance and integrity
of the website.(2008 Annual Report) This is unique. I have not seen this on other corporate websites.
All notable since Integrity is amplified by the “Tone at the Top”. The company would benefit greatly by adding an Ethics/Integrity Process that would integrate these statements.
Latest posts by Ed Konczal (see all)
- Enterprise Mobility And Innovation Governance - June 1, 2015
- Benefits of Reverse Mentoring - March 13, 2015
- Innovation Governance and Reverse Mentoring - November 5, 2014
- Innovation Governance Requires Technology Smarts - September 6, 2013
- Tone At The Top Drives Innovation Governance - April 26, 2013