Proctor and Gamble have a very pleasing diagram of the evolution of their products – a variant on the usual history timeline. Since products spawn in multiple directions, it obviously isn’t as linear as a history timeline tends to be.
The small blue circles expand on rollover to explain – for example – how their knowledge of bleaching as used in detergents led to the development of dental bleaching kits. Very interesting indeed; so much so, that I’d like to see the image expandable, so that I can see the images of the products properly.
Could you use this sort of diagram on your site? Almost all products go through this kind of evolution. It might have other applications, too, such as the evolution of the company through mergers, acquisitions and disposals.
Latest posts by Lucy Nixon (see all)
- How to Optimise Video Content for Social Media Platforms - November 15, 2017
- Communicating Your Brand to Your Customers - August 22, 2017
- Emotional Energy and the Corporate Website - June 19, 2017
- The Surprising Importance of Local SEO for Global Companies - June 13, 2017
- Why Board portals are essential in 2017 - March 7, 2017