What do you find the most valuable element of a conference?
For some, it will be hearing from experts about their experience; for others, it will be debate and panel discussion, or workshops and interactive roundtables; and for some, it will be the conversations held with other delegates in the corridors and over lunch – or late into the night!
Nick Johnson, of Ethical Corporation, contacted me to let me know about their 5th CR Reporting and Communications Summit, to be held in London in November this year. And it certainly looks like a very interesting event for CR professionals – whichever style of learning you prefer.
Ethical Corporation have organised:
- speakers from many well-known companies and over 11 countries covering topics such as:
- the power of CR reporting as an internal management tool
- data gathering systems and methods
- reporting on measuring social impact
- accurate supply chain reporting
- what institutional investors think of CR reports
- segmenting and targeting stakeholder groups
- authenticity and transparency
- next steps for the GRI
- getting internal stakeholders engaged
- external assurance
- developing an integrated comms strategy
- a debate on whether integrated reporting drives better business performance
- case studies from L’Oreal, the Co-Operative Group and InterfaceFLOR
- and – always one of my favourite types of sessions – an X-factor judging panel
Doesn’t that sound interesting? The speakers are very senior CR professionals from a range of industries, and it looks like there’ll be plenty of opportunity for discussion with other attendees too.
Do have a look at their agenda and speaker line-up… and if you’re considering attending, make that decision soon, because you can save money by registering early.