While it’s already been determined that consumers can’t name Olympics brand sponsors correctly, that’s not stopping companies from investing hundreds of millions of dollars into sponsoring the London 2012 Games. Some brands have chosen a different strategy to align their brands with the Olympics. They sponsor athletes from the Olympics teams.
Synergy Consulting put together an infographic that explains the landscape of brand sponsorship of athletes from Great Britain at London 2012. The infographic shows 404 sponsorships overall with 267 unique athletes sponsored (215 Olympians and 52 Paralympians). Over half of those athletes qualified for the London 2012 Games. Thirty-four different sports are represented by these sponsored athletes.
The top athlete sponsors of athletes from Great Britain at the 2012 Olympics are:
- Lloyds TSB
- IHG (InterContinental Hotels Group)
- British Airways
Finally, the most endorsed athletes overall at London 2012 are Victoria Pendleton, Jessica Ennis, Louis Smith, and Chris Hoy.
You can see the complete infographic below. Also, be sure to check out the interactive 2012 Olympics Brand Tracker for more information about brand sponsorships of the 2012 Olympic Games.
Click the infographic to view it at full size.
Latest posts by Susan Gunelius (see all)
- Coca-Cola Contour Bottle Turns 100 This Year - March 3, 2015
- World’s 50 Most Popular Brands - February 25, 2015
- Brands with the Most Loyal Customers in 2015 - February 18, 2015
- The World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2015 - February 14, 2015
- UK Consumers Will Share Private Data with Brands Under Certain Conditions - February 4, 2015