Did you ever think you’d hear one Dragon suggesting to another that they should share a bath to save the planet?
I haven’t been to a music festival for – literally – decades, and the first part of this video made me smile: not only because of the apparent incongruity of Dragons and the background setting, but also with nostalgia. Though my thought pattern now was more about the effort that was involved in packing, transporting and unpacking the banners, bunting, mats, carpets, tents, blankets and cushions, delightful though they look… today’s camping style is much more pragmatic.
Sainsbury’s has announced that it will be the first retailer to fully integrate its corporate responsibility and financial performance in its 2011 annual report. They already issue CR updates with their quarterly reports; this is an interesting next step. Their annual reports come out in early June: one to look out for.
This video was made in support of HRH Prince Charles’ Accounting for Sustainability initiative, which was set up back in 2004: Sainsbury’s worked with Abbott Mead Vickers on the creative idea, and with the team at Accounting for Sustainability to identify the companies to join them on the video.
I thought it entertaining – and very brave of Deborah Meaden and Theo Paphitis to take on acting roles.
Sustainability accounting does seem to be gaining some traction. A few resources in this area include:
- the Centre for Sustainability Accounting
- the recent survey of sustainability accounting practices, conducted by CIMA, AICPA, and CICA and available here
- Accounting for Sustainability, by Hopwood, Unerman and Fries
- One Report: Integrated Reporting for a Sustainable Strategy, by Eccles and Krzus.
Do watch the video to see dragons as you’ve never seen them before – and to play ‘spot the CEO’ in the second half.
Latest posts by Lucy Nixon (see all)
- Messaging and Seaside Rock - October 25, 2016
- Attention, Personalisation and the Holodeck - October 16, 2016
- The Combination Approach: Using Multiple Recruitment Strategies - June 30, 2016
- B2B Social Media: do’s and don’ts - April 21, 2016
- Promoting CSR & Employee Volunteer Programs - April 14, 2016