An expected fallout from the current turbulent financial markets is likely to be a search for how to regain shareholder confidence. Corporate Governance done right will be a key focus. The are some real standout companies on the Internet that are sure to be sought after for assistance. One is LRN. Their service mark is “Inspiring Principled Performance” intriguing given today’s business environment.
Go to the Corporate Governance section and you will find some unique resources:
- Becoming a valuable resource to your board
- Ethical Ecosystem
- How to bring your code of conduct to life
- How to engage your workforce to foster a self-governing corporate culture
And more. These are examples of the areas that are vital to Good Corporate Governance and were grossly lacking in the financial companies that were behind the subprime crisis.
…to more fully reap the rewards of an ethical culture, companies understand they must have a complete grasp on the people, processes and information necessary to assess the underlying health of the company in an effective and ongoing way. In sum, they are looking at metrics that direct decision making, just as they do in manufacturing, sales and other elements of their business.
This is a content rich site. I found useful references even in the normally mundane Media section. Here I found a link to a good article “Detecting Ethics & Compliance Risk“. If you want to find out more about why this company standouts see the BusinessWeek’s CEO Interview Video Out-behave, Don’t Outperform
The subprime crisis is so severe, so pervasive that it just might be the tipping point for more companies to finally get the “ethics thing”. LRN is already there and uniquely positioned to offer sound advice.
Latest posts by Ed Konczal (see all)
- Enterprise Mobility And Innovation Governance - June 1, 2015
- Benefits of Reverse Mentoring - March 13, 2015
- Innovation Governance and Reverse Mentoring - November 5, 2014
- Innovation Governance Requires Technology Smarts - September 6, 2013
- Tone At The Top Drives Innovation Governance - April 26, 2013