Content marketing works. I’ve seen it work first-hand for businesses and individuals. In fact, I wouldn’t have a successful business and 8 business books published by leading publishers (including the upcoming Content Marketing for Dummies) if content marketing didn’t work.
But how do you actually use content to build a brand? Keep reading to learn how content can help you build your brand and business.
Amazing content can do several things for a brand:
- Authority and Thought Leadership: Amazing content can establish your credibility and expertise, which subconsciously transfers to your brand.
- Word-of-mouth Marketing and Brand Buzz: Amazing content is often shared and discussed giving your brand more exposure.
- Search Engine Optimization: Amazing content is often linked to from other sites which boosts traffic to it and Google search rankings for it.
- Increased Business: Amazing content can help you build relationships with people that can lead to sales.
In a February 2011 survey of marketing professionals in the United States conducted by HiveFire, 42% said they are using content marketing. Of the 68% who were not currently using content marketing to build their brands and businesses, 85% of that group did admit to participating in content marketing activities without even realizing it.
The vast majority of businesses that use content marketing to build their brands do so primarily to increase brand awareness and word-of-mouth marketing. However, many businesses hit road blocks in content marketing simply because they don’t have the resources to create amazing original content as often as they need to in order to stay relevant in the fast moving online space. Whether that’s because they’re unwilling to pay an adequate rate to experienced freelance writers or they’re not looking outside their own walls for content support is not revealed in the study.
There are many “content mills” and content providers who offer content at rock-bottom prices, but you get what you pay for. If you’re ready to use content marketing to build your brand and business but you can’t create amazing content in-house, take the time to find a freelance writer who is qualified and experienced. Amazing content can help take your brand to new heights, but poor quality content can do more harm than good.
Latest posts by Susan Gunelius (see all)
- Coca-Cola Contour Bottle Turns 100 This Year - March 3, 2015
- World’s 50 Most Popular Brands - February 25, 2015
- Brands with the Most Loyal Customers in 2015 - February 18, 2015
- The World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2015 - February 14, 2015
- UK Consumers Will Share Private Data with Brands Under Certain Conditions - February 4, 2015