Last week, I published a list of 20 must-read branding articles of 2009, and this week, I’m taking that recap a step further by offering my list of 15 must-read branding stories of 2009.
Below are links to 15 stories about well-known brands that got us thinking in 2009. These stories might have surprised us, validated our existing opinions, or even established the first steps in defining new branding trends that will carry into 2010 and beyond. Others are just plain entertaining or fun!
As you read through the 15 must-read branding stories that I’ve written about here on Corporate Eye throughout 2009, consider how the questions elicited, debates opened, and lessons learned can affect your own brand strategy for 2010.
15 Must-Read Branding Stories of 2009:
- Microsoft was the Most Talked About Brand in 2009
- Obama and the Revitalization of Brand U.S.A.
- Continental Airlines Teams up with Winstar Interactive to Display Third-Party Ads on Continental.com
- Nissan – A Lesson in Creating a Brand Image, Message and Promise
- MySpace Repositions – Goodbye Friends, Hello Bands
- Twitter’s Trademark Stance
- International Trademarking Problems for Apple’s iPhone
- Microsoft Redemption Comes in the Form of New Bing Ads
- Penske Rescues Saturn from GM
- Oprah Winfrey Extends Brand to Her OWN Television Network
- Wikipedia Kills MSN Encarta
- Anheuser-Busch Loses Trademark Battle and Budweiser Brand Name in EU
- Miller Introduces the 1-Second Ad
- Exposed – Belkin Pays for Positive Customer Reviews
- Cause Marketing Boosts Brand Marketing on Facebook for Kraft
Latest posts by Susan Gunelius (see all)
- Coca-Cola Contour Bottle Turns 100 This Year - March 3, 2015
- World’s 50 Most Popular Brands - February 25, 2015
- Brands with the Most Loyal Customers in 2015 - February 18, 2015
- The World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2015 - February 14, 2015
- UK Consumers Will Share Private Data with Brands Under Certain Conditions - February 4, 2015